Top 10 the most expensive cities in the world
If you have money to burn on your next vacation and price doesn't matter to you, why not head to one of the most expensive cities in the world. Here is a list of the ten cities that the wealthy sector of the world gets to enjoy.
- Sydney, Austalia: Prices in Sydney have rocketed in recent years. A standard hotel room will set travelers back about $140 per night. Dinners out will be around $30 per person including drinks. Transport is still relatively cheap around the city. If you want to enjoy waterfront views and a luxury hotel the price will be closer to $300 per night and a signature restaurant meal will be around $80 per person.
- Rome, Italy: A hotel room in this historic city has an average cost of $190 per night. Meals for two will be around $60 without drinks. If you want to stay near the center of the city hotel prices will go up to around $400 per night. Transport is pricey with a taxi meter start of $10.
- Honolulu, Hawaii: Hotels here a bit cheaper at around $160 per night but the food is expensive with a meal for two coming in at $80 without drinks. There is plenty to see in this beautiful tropical city.
- Dubai, UAE: You can really go all out in this city where wealth is everything. Hotels can come in around the $1000 mark for those with the money to spend. The average hotel price is about $180 per night. A basic meal for two would about $40 but you can splurge at the Burj Al Arab and enjoy a meal at one of their signature restaurants for around $150 per person.
- London, England: Hotels in London are generally very pricey with a small standard room costing about $200 per night. Those looking a truly luxury hotel may enjoy the Savoy or similar hotels with an average price of $450 per night. A standard meal for two in a pub will cost you around $60 but meals at one of the finest restaurants will top $200 per person including drinks.
- Dublin, Ireland: A truly beautiful city surrounded by stunning countryside. A hotel room here will start at around $190 but a luxury suite will be closer to $300. Pub food and live entertainment will set you back around $50 for two but Dublin has some of the finest restaurants around and you should experince the food here. A fine dining meal will be about $150 per person.
- Oslo, Norway: Scandinavian countries are known for their high cost of living. Tourists to this part of the world need to bring large amounts of money. A standard hotel room here is about $210 and a meal out will be around $80. Luxury suites will be around $450 and a meal in a signature restaurant will cost upwards of $120 per person. Drinks are very pricey in Norway with a beer costing over $8.
- Paris, France: Enjoy some of the finest food in the world at some of the top-rated restaurants. A standard meal will be about $80 but if you want to try some of the best food in the world expect to pay over $200 per person. Hotels average $180 per night but a luxury suite with views across Paris will be around $900 per night.
- New York City, USA: A standard hotel room will be around $200 per night but if you want a luxury suite with views of Central Park the prices will rise over the $1000 per night mark. You can get cheap meals in New York but if you want to try the best food in the USA a meal will cost over $150 per person.
- Zurich, Switzerland: Currently rated as the most expensive city for tourists in the world. A standard hotel room will be around $250 per night with prices going up to $1500 for a luxury suite. A basic meal out will be around $100 for two.