Countries where you can enjoy vacation without mass tourism
If you are looking to escape and relax from the crowds on your next vacation, then this is the list for you. Here are ten Countries that have still not been discovered by the majority of tourists.
- Liechtenstein: This is the sixth smallest Country in the world and it remains undiscovered by tourists. Last year, just 61000 people visited the landlocked Country. This is the ideal playground for outdoor enthusiasts with hiking and cycling in the summer and beautiful skiing in winter.
- Anguilla: This is Carribean island paradise is the perfect spot to escape the crowds in this popular part of the world. The island is not a cheap destination and is very popular with the wealthy wanting to escape the tourist masses. Enjoy pristine white sand beaches and crystal clear waters filled with marine life.
- Moldova: Visited by around 100000 people each year, this nation is situated between Romania and the Ukraine. The area hasn't moved on much since the civil war in the early 90's and tourism is not a priority for the Country. You will find historic buildings, stunning scenery, cave monasteries, and a growing wine industry that offers tours and tastings.
- Tonga: About 45000 people visit this island nation each year. The Country has one of very few remaining absolute monarchies in the world. Getting a visa can be tricky but the beaches, scenery, and friendly locals will make the effort of getting there worthwhile. The island is famous for its large feasts that involve fire pits, barbeques, drinking, and dancing.
- Solomon Islands: This country consists of over 900 small islands. Travel between the islands is easy on local fishing boats. Only 24000 people visit these islands each year so you are likely to have an island all to yourself. Spend your days on secluded beaches, hiking through the rainforests to towering waterfalls, and diving on truly untouched reefs.
- Comoros: There are only 800000 residents of this island nation and each year about 21000 tourists visit the country. You will get to experience jungles that are home to lemurs and fruit bats, unspoiled reefs for snorkeling and diving, and spectacular scenery. If you are feeling active you can join a guided trek up one of the many volcanoes on the islands.
- Turkmenistan: This country is only for the brave and adventurous. You will be taken around the country by a mandatory tourist guide and only taken to see sites that are approved for tourists. The capital city of Ashgabat has the most marble-clad buildings in the world although most of them are empty. The most rewarding experince is to visit the "Door to Hell" in the middle of the desert.
- Kiribati: This small island is a five-hour flight south of Hawaii and is truly in the middle of nowhere. Only 5000 tourists make the journey each year to experince this island paradise. Once you arrive you can spend your days fishing, biking, hiking, and swimming in the clear blue ocean.
- Marshall Islands: Most people don't even know that this small country exists yet it is the ultimate paradise for divers. You will find over a 1000 different species of fish and 250 species of coral surrounding the islands. Just 4000 people make the trip to this group of islands each year.
- Nauru: This small country has the smallest tourist industry in the world with just 150 visitors per year. The entire island is only 21 square kilometers in size and has 10000 inhabitants. The people are very friendly and the beaches are some of the best in the world.